Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 11:50:31 +1100 (EST)
Hi all,
I'm giving a talk on PCB design (cause thats what I do) at my local radio club
(Amateur Radio, that is).  Every month, someone gives a talk on some topic they
know something about.

As preparation for this, I got the blokes (they are mostly blokes) to write
down a few questions about what they'd like answered in the talk.  Of course,
the sort of questions are mainly to do with constructing more than designing.

I was wondering if you could help me with a few of them.

1. What chemicals are used for electroless plating ( so I can make my own
plated through holes at home )?

2. Why use cross-hatch power planes?

3. What are the failure rates on making PCBs? (I want to give them the rough %
comparison for 2layer vs 4layer vs 6layer & 12thou vs 8thou vs 5thou etc).

4. How much current can you put through a millimetre wide track? ( I was going
to use Fig 5.2 & 5.3 from COOMBS Printed Circuit Handbook 3rd Ed. but I was
told recently that these were inaccurate.  Any comments )

Any comments by Tuesday afternoon (US time) would be appreciated.

--
Dominic Bragge, PCB Designer
JNA Telecommunications (R&D)           "Acoustic"