TECHNET Archives

March 2001

From:
Ken Mc Gowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:09:01 -0200
Hi Larry,
Ireland calling after Paddy's day. One thing that is commonly overlooked with an ammoniacal etcher is that the pH goes mad if you add water. Try it with a probe in a beaker. All the ammonia is then lost and the thing collapses 'sludges'.If too much fresh etchant exits with the dry film this reaction happens in the first rinse, all be it for a limited time on the surface of the dry film.  I think this might be worth investigating and improving the pinch rollers both after etching and replenisher rinse.
If you take a sample panel straight out of the etching chamber and lie it in a sink of water it will strip!

This might help if all the 'normal' rules are not being broken.

Slan

Ken McGowan