TECHNET Archives

February 2000

From:
Lee Whiteman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:34:47 -0500
Artwork re-creation may call for layer separation, so 'destructive test'
allowance need be determined. Beware of planing a board, as minor warpage
can cause destruction of traces. Separation of layers is preferable.
Followed by a scan of the board layers, (Gerber) file(s) can be created. In
a less trace-dense environment, netlist generation-via-test products would
help and still may in your application. This would provide a base for the
schematic. ACI Technologies may be able to handle these portions. As for the
parts list: Removal of discrete parts and measuring will give values,
removal and test of all of a particular type may even lead to an educated
guess on tolerances. Sarnoff Corp may assist with replacement of any unknown
quad devices if your labeling had been removed. They can design an alternate
for many 'spec-missing' devices.

Linda Britt
Electrical Engineering Lead
American Competitiveness Institute