Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 96 10:03:33 PST

Being an Application Engineer supporting Flex and
Rigid-flex product for Merix Corporation, I always
get nervous when comments are made regarding things
that "cannot be done" on flex circuitry.

At Merix, one of our largest flex circuit programs
uses the Entek 106A process. This flex application,
as well as others that have used the Entek OSP surface
finish, have proven to be very compatible with our customers
assembly processes and flex assembly processes at Merix.

Furthermore, the process for applying the Entek
OSP surface finish is extremely compatible with
flex circuit processing. Especially if you are comparing
it to the mechanical and thermal stresses inherent to other
surface finish application processes (ie: HASL).

I do not want to suggest that the Entek system will work in
every application. If I knew of such a system, Merix wouldn't
need Applications Engineers like me.

If you have specific questions about using Entek
surface finishes on flex circuits, feel free
to contact me at Merix Corp:

I would be happy to discuss the compatibility of our
Entek 106A with your assembly processes.

If you have generic questions around Entek,
N/C process compatibility, etc. I would suggest
that you contact Enthone directly. A name you can
start with is:

      Bret Taucher
      Enthone
      206/222-6629