TECHNET Archives

February 2003

From:
Howard Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:57:59 -0700
Rich,

Just a thought - I've experienced a similar problem here, with a
double-sided SMT board and the root cause was the JOT loader/destacker.
There are components close to the edge of the board, and when the 2nd side
was loaded into the printer, the board would hit on a support rail made of
steel.  Components were actually being damaged from this support rail.  We
fixed the problem with custom plastic sleeves.

Howard Watson
SMT Manufacturing Engineer
AMETEK/Dixson

Rich Lasko <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
02/24/03 10:42 AM
Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to Rich Lasko