From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 15:24:52 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for the following Technet tribute is due to Dave Hillman.  On
behalf of IPC, all our best for the holiday season to all of our friends
worldwide that have made TechNet the success that it is.

Best Regards
Dave Bergman, IPC

     Twas the night before Christmas and throughout the TechNet, not an
     electron was moving from Hong Kong to Fayette.

     The modems sat silent on company desks, with hopes that Christmas
     would soon bring upgrade checks.

     The technologists were home with family and friends, with hopes that
     downsizing wouldn't hit them again.

     And my wife sat at home and I stayed at work, trying to tackle a huge
     pile of work.

     When up on the roof there rose such a clatter, I figured that
     maintenance had dropped another ladder!

     I went to a window and peered quickly outside, to see a sight that
     shivered my hide.

     The moon glowed brightly on the new fallen snow, revealing some tracks
     of a sled on the go.

     When what to my tired eyes did appear but an electric sled and 8 guys
     in gear.

     With a devious driver, quite lively and quick, I knew in a second that
     it was Dave Bergman - not St. Nick!

     Loaded with answers, 8 guys in gear came, pulling Dave Bergman along
     as he shouted their names.

     Now Gulley, Now Willis, Now Hersey, Now Holmes, On Cupples, On Coyle,
     On Groovy and Pauls!

     To the top of the building in one big fell swoop, miss that antenna
     and all the pigeon poop.

     As fast as electrons moving in a great loop, those guys didn't listen
     and stepped in the poop.

     Then up to the rooftop all 8 of them flew, with a sleigh full of
     circuits and Dave Bergman too.

     Then in a twinkling they came to a stop, the roof sagged low
     threatening to go pop!

     I spun around quickly thinking to duck, as Dave came jumping out the
     nearest air duct.

     He was dressed in fur from his head to his toes, and the dust from the
     air duct was stuffing his nose.

     A bag full of answers hung from his back, full of wondrous info that
     many companies lacked.

     (you fill in the next six verses, lunch is only so long!!)

     Dave said not a word but went straight to work, dumping TechNet
     answers with a heave and a jerk.

     And giving a whistle up the air duct, the 8 guys in gear said "Pull
     yourself up!.

     When he made the rooftop and hopped in the sleigh, the 8 guys in gear
     finally got under way.

     I heard him exclaim as they zipped out of sight, Happy TechNet to all
     and to all a good night.

     Merry Xmas

     Dave