From:
JIM ENNIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 96 07:20:00 PST

Be sure to include the increased thruput into your equation, since SMT
equipment is considerably faster that Auto insertion, or handload.
     BUT the the main goal should be the elimination of a process.  It does
you no good if you have to continue to axially- or DIP- insert parts after
going thru an SMT
process.  Also try to keep as many parts on one side of the assy. This will
eliminate a second SMT process.
     This ain't something you can do by Friday. It has to be thought out and
planned in order to work.