Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 08:48:56 -0500
Victor,
	This may not make me the most popular person on TechNet, but as far as I know circuit designers don't know what thermal mass and temperature gradients are.
	As far as using the Taguchi method to develop profiles, that is a bit more involved then your run of the mill manufacturing engineer wants to get involved with.  They just don't have that kind of time.
	The up side is, convection ovens make profiling a lot easier than the older IR and convective IR ovens, and there are rules of thumb that can be applied to the development of a reflow profile.
	If you need any additional help with this, drop me a line or call me.

John Guy
American Competitiveness Institute (EMPF)
317-655-3673 x130