From:
"Allen Hertz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 96 13:32:38 EST
     Pat,

     That concept works well. The term "Pink Pearl" was coined as the
     processes since one would purchase a number of those little pink
     erasers and go scrub fiducials. This was effective for HASL or other
     tin-lead finished boards.Gold or OSP finsihes generally do not require
     this operation.

     An alternative used was to place lighting under the board and change
     the PCB layout by removing all metallization and resist around and
     under the fiducial. The "backlighting" provides a silhouette,
     eliminating any variations due to reflection. This is a major task,
     especially for various board sizes.

     Regards,
     Allen Hertz