From:
[log in to unmask] (John E Nelson)
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 17:44:49 PST
In a previous life I tested several chemical pre-cleans for Vacrel and
never was able to achieve the same adhesion as with mechanical scrub.

The best comparison is done using a scratch test.  (works for LPI too).
Take a  sharp knife and cut  a cross-hatch pattern  into the mask of\ver
a ground plane  area.  The mask should not chip back from the cut
more than a few thousandths.  The test is subjective so run samples
of each of several cleaning processes and scratch them similarly
and compare the relative amount of chipping.   You'll readily decide
which process is best.