TECHNET Archives

February 2003

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:32:45 -0500
It is a combination of compression and road salt.  Try shoveling that neat pile you made with your snow blower.  You'll find that too is difficult to shovel.

My "favorite" part is the bottom 2" of slush in the berm at the end of the driveway that the town/city so nicely put there.

I found one way to bet them at their game.  I don't clear the end of the driveway until they are done plowing.  This assumes I can wait that long.  Otherwise it waits for the next thaw... in July.

Phil