Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 19:37:27 -0400 (EDT)
Perfectest uses a coupon system that utilizes stepping of conductors in
which the spacing between adjascent copper strips are reduced by around
0.002 inch per step. A series of holes is then drilled between these copper
strips and, should one of the plated holes touch the copper strip thereby
causing an electrical short, you can determine the magnitude of the error.
Perfectest includes are rather elegant semi-automatic machine for measuring
these movements FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL LAYER. By carefully analyzing the data,
you can establish whether the movement of material is due to offset,
rotation or shrinkage.

Dave Rooke
Circo Craft -  Pointe Claire