Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 23:06:45 -0400 (EDT)
I would be more concerned about the potential damage that the additional
reflow process step has done to the integrity of the board rather than it's
age. I would suggest, as a minimum, microsectioning of some of the via holes
and assessing the bond integrity (ie no evidence of delamination or
disbonding), PTH copper plating integrity (no evidence of copper cracks or
interplane separation) and  overall solderability of the via holes (no
non-wetting conditions). Perhaps your supplier or an external laboratory
could perform the assessment. Just out of curiousity, why were the boards
re-reflowed in the first place???

Dave Rooke
Circo Craft - Pointe Claire