From:
Jim Marsico 516-595-5879 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 12:41:00 -0500 (EST)
We have seen failures on a crystal oscillator when cleaned in our aqueous
cleaning system.  As you mentioned, water entered through the hole and shorted
something when powered up.  Apparently, any conductive liquid entering the
component will cause havoc.  One possible solution would be to bake out the
assembly prior to powering it up.  Although we opted to install this component
and hand clean after the normal assembly process.

Jim Marsico
(516) 595-5879

	      *	        SYSTEMS, INC.	     *