From:
"Aric Parr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
19 Dec 96 15:27:46 -0500

     Find two (or more) parallel traces at a known spacing, preferably 10
     mils and isolate each trace between a solderable land on the other
     side of the panel and an open end of known length using a sharp knife
     that does not lift the trace.

     Solder a wire to the component side of the via hole and use the
     parallel traces as an IPC comb. You will have to count the squares to
     correlate with an IPC test pattern.

        This method works well for analyzing questionable lots. It is not as
repeatable as a dedicated panel, since phototools are more precise than a knife.

Aric Parr