From:
Philip Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 08:47:45 +0000 (GMT)
Please excuse me if these following questions are already in your system.  We
at this end are experiencing computer problems.

1.	Please let me know if you have any information regarding pre-tinning of the
leads of metal can devices and guidance where solder gets into contact with
component bodies.   In previous contracts for USA we were advised that solder
contact on bodies meant reject.

2.	J-STD-002 section 3.5.1 calls for a temperature of 260 +- 5 deg cent. in
connection with the temperature of the solder pot.     The question from
ourselves is the effect of the solder pot not keeping to the required tolerance
spec.

3.	Please let me know if IPC have produced a document to supersede MIl-C-28809
which is now withdrawn.

Thanks

Philip Duncan
Interconnection Engineering