From:
[log in to unmask] (Wedemeyer, Ron)
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 14:34 WAT

We have an application were we need to bond a small heatsink to the top
of a plastic packaged device (bonding area is approx 1.0" x 0.5").
We are undecided whether we should use a self adhesive  thermally
conductive sheet material to bond the two together, or use a thermal
bonding compound (liquid adhesive). Due to the size and implementation,
mechanical methods of securing the heatsink are not suitable.

Any advice or experiences people have had with either or both of the two
methods would be appreciated

Ron Wedemeyer
Senior Engineer - Product Engineering
QPSX Communications Pty Ltd