TECHNET Archives

December 2002

Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 05:57:54 +0800
Hello Technetters,

Have anyone of you experience a component termination that are tin plated
pop out  during the reflow process resulting to solder splatter ? We are
using a 0402 chip capacitor being mounted on ceramic substrate that have a
gold plated solder land..Very close to the solder land where this
component are being mounted are the wire bonding pad that we do not want
to have  solder splatter because this will bring trouble to our wire
bonding process.
Is increasing  % of flux  on our solder paste (we are using solder paste
that have 10% flux) can help reduce our problem?

With Kind Regards,
Enrique M. Javier  -- Process Engineering Group  (RF-PCC)
Philips Semiconductors Philippines Inc. (PSPI)- Assembly & Test
Organization
Philips Avenue ? Light Industry & Science Park (LISP) ? Barrio Diezmo -
Cabuyao - Laguna ? Philippines ZIP 4025
Phone: +63 49 543.0001 ext. 288/ Fax: +63 49 543.9368 / Mail to: [log in to unmask]