TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
Ed Popielarski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 05:49:04 -0800
Dee,

We design and build a lot of these tools for our customers. One possible problem is your press may not be powerful enough. You'll be surprised when you calculate the average force for all those pins. Backing tooling (board support) can be very critical, as we've found the "standard" slotted tooling distributes the energy longitudinally and can cause latent failures.

Please feel free to call myself or Jason if you would like to discuss this in more detail.

Regards,

Ed Popielarski
QTA Machine
10 Mc Laren, Ste D