From:
[log in to unmask] (Ohmega Technologies, Inc.)
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 13:54:06 -0800

Does anyone know a way to clean double treat cores prior to hot roll dry
film lamination?

We frequently receive double treat laminates with surface contamination,
stains and/or fingerprints. The surface preparation methods which we
tried either didn't work or removed the double treat layer.

We are open to suggestions and will consider chemical or mechanical
methods. We recognize that this is a "band-aid" approach, however, the
laminators have been unable to correct the problem. Some of them do not
require their operators to wear gloves, others have methods and
facilities which work great for standard (single treat) product but not
for double treat.

We accept laminate per MIL-P-13949H but there are a lot of grey areas in
evaluating double treat surface quality. Some of the stains and weave
patterns are believed to be "cosmetic" other defects are deemed
functional as they may affect print and etch yields.

Best Regards,

Dan Brandler, Technical Director, Ohmega Technologies, Inc.