TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:47:58 -0400
It might not be possible to build the board to Class 3 standards. It might
not cost any more. You should develop your processe to satisfy the market in
which your organization seeks to participate.

If you are participating in the segment of the market that demands Class 3
products then you would, barring any serious DFM problems, be able to
produce a Class 1 or Class 3 board for about the same price.

If you are participating in the segment of the market that demands Class 1
products then you might not have the equipment, skills, or process controls
necessary to deliver Class 3 products. But my guess is that you would be
able to deliver Class 1 products at a lower cost than a Class 3 house.

PROCESS, PROCESS, PROCESS

my 2 cents.

 Guy Ramsey
American Competitiveness Institute