TECHNET Archives

August 2019

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2019 16:07:08 -0400
One of our customers specifies electroplated tin-lead reflowed as a surface
finish.
It yields relatively nice flat pads and a good solderable finish.
One of the drawings did not specify "reflowed". Everything seemed fine.
Then, we had to switch vendors.
The new vendor asked about this odd request for surface finish.
Electroplated Sn-Pb, not reflowed.  But, they followed the drawing notes.
Now, we have the boards in hand. They look bad. We are running a test print
on the solder sample but I am dubious.
Have any of you experience with electroplated Sn-Pb as a surface finish?