TECHNET Archives

June 2001

From:
"Creswick, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:26:22 -0400
Craig,

Camelot or Asymtek dispensers will perform the generic task that you desire,
but you might also speak with your solder paste supplier for a paste
specially set up for dispensing.

Past experience was that I used a 86-88% solids paste to prevent jamming, or
clogging of the needle.  Also used the EFD tapered needle.

Less than 25 mil pitch (~0.6mm) became a real hassle, because the needle
diameter had to be quite large to prevent clogging

From a lab type standpoint, it is certainly 'do-able'

Steven Creswick
Gentex Corp