Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 23:56:32 -0500
After about 6 months of demos and trying out we decided on Power Suite from
PADS. This was after looking at PCAD, Orcad, Protel and PADS. PADS Power best
fit our needs and that's the key. Depending on your design requirements and
comfort factors you should chose the best for you. That said here is my
personel feelings about each one.
1. PCAD - was great in DOS, didn't seem to fit Windows enviorment
2. Orcad - Awsome with gridless (careful, working with out grids can bite
you) router, kind of tough to learn
3. Protel - easiest to learn by far! smart router and good user interfaces.
4. PADS - the best, for us it was the Dynamic Route Editor that sold the
package (my engineers think its fun to add circuit after I complete a
design), good ECO tracking and an excellent front-end in View-Logic (good sim
interfaces)
Good Luck on your choice
FNKEC