From:
Lisa Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 15:35:31 -0500 (CDT)
We have a member who has submitted the following inquiry. Any information
is greatly appreciated:

 "I would like to get any information that you have to offer concerning
broach type pemnut fasteners in FR4 material. Normally in our designs we
try not to use pemnuts in multilayer boards because of the damage they
can do to internal layers. We have a recent design that does use pemnuts
and would like to know of any concerns there might be, especially any
spacing requirement in internal layers.

 "I would appreciate any adive you can give me on this concern."

Thanks for your help.
Lisa M. Williams
Technical Staff
IPC