TECHNET Archives

June 2003

From:
"Smith, Russell (US LA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:29:23 -0700
I fully understand your concerns Joe, The first amendment does give us the right to say a lot , however if what we are saying starts to effect the financial well-being of a company, then compensation may be pursued.

 I do feel that we need to protect the IPC, since many of the very organizations we are all referring to spend a lot of money with IPC, and provide funds that many of our companies are lo longer able to provide. While an offending  company may choose to take action against the IPC, they would be more reluctant to do the same with individuals. particularly , when there was little chance of monetary compensation. ( you know the old deep pockets scenario) .

It is just my humble opinion that it would be in all of our best interest if this topic persists, that we share names , experiences etc. elsewhere. That way we don't force the IPC to choose between its sponsors, or members.

For what it's worth these were my thoughts on this matter.

Russell Smith

[Smith, Russell (US LA)]