TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:40:44 EDT
MEETING OF THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND CHAPTER
OF THE IPC DESIGNERS COUNCIL

Date: Wednesday, the 12th of April 2002
Where: Connies Restaurant - Derby, Ct.

Time: Networking 6:00pm, Meeting 7:00pm

Topic: Designing with Differential Pairs - Part 1

As our circuits become more complex and speeds increase we are finding
ourselves in unfamiliar territory. Most if us read about what is with us or
on the horizon. We are then faced with finding a crash course in these areas
because suddenly our jobs depend upon it.

This meeting will be the first in a two part series on Designing with
Differential Pairs presented by Paul Frechette, Number 9 Design. During these
sessions we will learn what differential pairs are, how to calculate their
impedance and the different structures that comprise differential pairs. As
part of an interactive session we will learn how this technology affects us
as designers and what strategies we should take when faced with these types
of design challenges.

Paul is an active member of our chapter and promises to address this topic
from a designer's point of view. The meeting will be quite informative and
all are encouraged to attend and support the chapter program.

Host:

This meeting will be Co-hosted by the SNEC chapter and Number 9 Design.
Number 9 Design is a Connecticut based design service bureau servicing all
market segments with special emphasis on the communications industry. As a
service bureau, they face a variety of design challenges from R & D to full
production implementation.

You are requested to RSVP Vin Stabile by end of business on Tuesday at (203)
225-9056 X4142 or  [log in to unmask]

Directions to Connie's Restaurant:

Take Route 84 to Route 8 South.
Take Route 8 to Route 34, towards Derby.
Make a right turn at the SECOND traffic light.
Connies is one block, on the right.