From:
"John Gully" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:17:13 +600 CDT
Ross,

1.  Watch your copper height from your conductors (minimal).
2.  Based on past experience you cannot have 4 - 8mil lines with
     10mil spacings between land patterns.  The standard max. land to land
     spacing is 1.4mm (55mils) and the min. is 1.2mm (47mils).  You
     decreased your X pad but not your Y pad dimension which is critical.
     You would need a min. of 82mils in between lands.  10mils between
     lands and the conductors with a 5mil soldermask dam.  If you
    decreased your Y land anymore, you would need to watch your 1206
    packages very carefully.

    The standard land pattern for a 1206 is outlined in IPC-782,
    section 8.

Others may disagree.

John Gulley - PE
Compuroute Inc.