Date:
Wed, 07 Jun 95 16:27:00 PDT

We are investigating manual soldering operations using low residue flux
(LRF).  Does anyone have any experience with lead tinning and/or tinning of
stranded wire using adipic acid based LRF?  Our initial attempts yielded
poor results compared with RMA flux.  Also, we were told by at least one LRF
vendor that LRF is inherently poor (due to low solids content) for lead
tinning.  Any comments would be sincerely appreciated.

Ed Hare
Alliant Techsystems Inc.