TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:37:17 -0400
personally, if you don't steam aging the part, solderability is not
necessary (at t=0)...if you do (t suppose = 6 or 12 month)...the result
will tell you it is necessary..(big difference between the good guy (/=
big guy) and the bad guy...batch to batch, MFG locations, all play the
role)...You MUST do it when MFG change locations (very often nowadays)
or change the plating house...you would not get the notification from
the distributor of the components but you will observe the solderability
difference..

jk