From:
[log in to unmask] (Wedemeyer, Ron)
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 08:04 WAT

Our company is considering using a solder paste-in-hole process for doing
SMT reflow of PTH connectors on a 100% surface mount board.

As we have never done this before we are desperate for any standards,
papers or personal experience people have with this process.

Our initial considerations are pad size, and the lead diameter/hole size
ratio.

Also any special requirements for the connectors would be of interest.
Especially the amount of shrouding or shadowing that can be allowed by
the connector body (if any).

Many thanks,

Ron Wedemeyer

Senior Engineer - Product Engineering