Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 96 12:13:51 -0800
Re: (78 lines)
     Just one note of caution when evaluating CEM3 material.  This material
     is seen to differ considerably in its mechanical characteristics from
     vendor to vendor.  Some vendors in the U.S. like GE and Allied signal
     have CEM3 which is much different from for instance, Nanya which is an
     Asian supplier.  CEM3 is typically used in double sided applications.
     It is much better for punching than FR-4, it is weaker mechanically,
     will warp more through the reflow or wave solder.  Price is typically
     8% to 10% raw material cost savings than FR-4.  Is largely used in
     Japan.

     Regards:

     Steve O'Hara