TECHNET Archives

August 2001

From:
David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:18:46 -0700
Kathy,

MIMICs have operating frequencies which can exceed 100 GHz. At these
frequencies
any variations in the condition of the conductive surfaces (skin effect)
will cause widely divergent result in the operation. The contents,
dispersal pattern , and concentrations of
the "no-clean" flux are not controllable. Thus you will have issues with
impedance changes and dissipation factors among others.

If the unit was not completely dry when sealed then you will also have
moisture related issues.

Please keep in mind that "no-clean" is a title and not a spec. It does
have limitations, which if ignored, can be quite costly.

David A. Douthit
Manager
LoCan LLC