From:
Charles Barker/IO-US <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
3 Apr 96 14:14:23
Good afternoon, Chan;

If your stencil is .006" thick and you are using a metal squeegee, you should
RARELY get more that .006" of paste deposited on your boards. I have not done
critical measurements in a long time, but I would venture to say that, when
using a good metal squeegee with a good metal stencil, your paste deposition
would rarely vary more than +/- .0005"...and most of that tolerance would
probably be on the minus side on large parts caused by scalloping.

Your stencil thickness needs to be somewhere between the tolerance limits you
mentioned, if that's what you want on the board. Not knowing whether or not you
have any fine pitch on the board, I can't make a strong recommendation on
stencil thickness. If you do not have fine pitch, I would suggest you go to a
.008" thick stainless steel stencil.

Good luck,

Charlie Barker
Mfg. Engr.