Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 96 09:53:28 PST

Two comments,

a)  Dewetting of coating is generally caused by the surface not being clean
enough/residue.  We use a variety of UR type coatings on plastic devices and
don't have a wetting issue.  You may want to investigate the cause /correct the
process.

b)  For hardware already coated, I would suggest that dewetted areas that don't
reduce the electrical spacing between non-common conductors to less than the
design limit (ie. electrical spacing required as a function typically of voltage
differntial) should not be reworked.   See ANSI/J-STD-001B section 10.1.2.2 for
some additional insites.

Jim Maguire
Senior Principal Engineer
Boeing Defense & Space Group