TECHNET Archives

March 2018

From:
Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2018 06:24:27 -0500
Outside of the the proper hot air nozzle design and proper keep out regions
on the board (like most designers will listen to the repair/rework people?)
one can properly shield components using:

1. Thermal shields (we use a ceramic non-woven material)

2. Thermal shield paste (this works phenomenally if the board can be
washed-it's made from water and clay. It's consistency is like that of a
hair gel)

Also, the use of IR heating sources can help by shielding the neighboring
components with Al or Cu foil.

Bob/BEST Inc

--
Bob Wettermann