From:
"John Gully" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 16:21:43 +600 CDT
Address,

We have recently been measuring the exit temperatures of our layers
and panels using a IR Temperature Probe.  These temps were in line
with current specifications.  We verified the exit temperatures with the
built-in thermocoupler and a temperature probe. However, one of our
local sources allowed us to use their IR Temp Probe that took into
consideration the Emissivity of the material measured, in this case, the
rubber lam rollers.  The exit temp was then 25~30 degrees higher than
our initial testing.

How critical is the emissivity and can it be a factor here?  Does
anyone else rely on emissivity to read their exit temps?  The
recommended emissivity is .86 (20~30 degrees out of spec) but when
using 1.0, the required temp was achieved.

Please advise.

John Gulley
Compuroute Inc.