Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:04:59 -0500
Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to investigate what temperature profiles wave soldered SMC's
(ceramic caps and resistors, SOIC's) are being exposed to during the wave
soldering process to determine if "walking wounded" components are being
created due to thermal overexposure.

Does anyone have any experience in data collection of this type (i.e.
thermocouple attachment to component dies, general "how to..." stuff,
feasibility, alternatives)?

Does anyone know of any studies I could access about this?

Are there any reliability standards for thermal exposure of SMC's (i.e. if
you dunk the thing in a solder pot for so many minutes at so much temp, you
reduced the life by xx%)?

Thank you all in advance, your ideas and comments are appreciated.
David F. High