From:
Paul Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 00:26:23 GMT
Hello Timothy,

I've forgotten more than I know about copper plating but purely from a
practical viewpoint your problem is more likely to be in the copper solution
unless the rectifier has lost a phase. It is possible the brightener level is
too low and you are getting high CD nodules.

I don't think nodules would arise but it is not good practice to load the panels
without any strike voltage and you should modify your programme to start at
0.75volts with ramp up to full plating voltage. If your connections and anodes
are working properly, the voltage should not exceed 3 volts at 500 amps. I
expect to see volts between 1.5 and 2.5 to achieve 300-500 amps and if it starts
to climb, there could be problems with insufficient anode area or bad
connections.

Filtration needs to be good to prevent a build up of particles which can cause
nodules. This would be more widespread and not restricted to high CD areas.(I
assume your anodes are in bags). Your copper solution supplier should have the
answers, and if not you should be looking for one that has.

If you find the answer I would like to know what it was.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas
--
Paul Gould
EMail [log in to unmask]