TECHNET Archives

September 1998

From:
Jay Solderberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:32:44 -0600
 Jeff,

The soldermask in question could be under cured or the board could have
been improperly cleaned prior to soldermasking.  The standard test for
soldermask adhesion is a tape test described in IPC test method
2.4.28.1.  This is the test used for both commercial product and
military product.  A copy of this is in IPC-A-600E.  Also paragraph
2.9.5 (p. 36) of IPC-A-600E defines the amount of soldermask allowed to
lift (depending on the surface it is applied to) for each class of
board.

Jay Soderberg
QA Engineer

Legal Notice:  All opinions are mine and mine alone.  The opinions
expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the management or
ownership of this station.