Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 96 14:17:45

On 16 December, Karen wittily composed:

 > PCB Assembly Blues
 > -------------------

 > Slumping is dreary, solder gets smeary,
 > someone please answer my thixotrop query..
 > To discard is a waste, but the flux is debased,
 > and I can't call this runny stuff paste.

 > Ball grid arrays might be the new craze
 > in the circuit board real-estate daze,
 > And I must confess, I get pick-and-place mess,
 > when spacing is 12 mils or less.

 > HASL, silver and OSP, these things make circuit boards pretty.
 > When they've sat on a shelf for more than I know
 > I only hope they reflow.

 > Since the customer asked, I laid blame on the mask
 > for the shorts he observed in the past.
 > FR-1, FR-4 it's an incomplete cure,
 > and I've seen this old problem before.

 > If the pin test goes well, then no one can tell
 > that the solder pot smoked and developed a smell.
 > I'm not one to shirk, but as long as things work,
 > who gives a darn that the line went berserk.

                             (Hey Karen! ya can't stop there!)

 Source inspector smirks,
 Jeeze, what a jerk!
 This morning his cornflakes must've been fouled,
 He's using his scope,
 thinkin' he's as holy as a pope,
 Damn! Sometimes I jes' wanna' bop him in the mouth!

 Exposed copper he whines,
 like it's a federal crime,
 don't he have something better to do?
 I could give him my best, but he'd judge it like the rest,
 and then say "Rework it please...and I can pick them up at what time?"

 I ask him one day,
 if he could say, that he's sat and read the IPC?
 He say; "Why you ask 'dat? It don't make no matter to me..."
 "Cause I am de' customer, and I'm always right,
 an' your most important job is to ALWAYS, ALWAYS please me."

 Building this electronic stuff,
 is a job ya' don't think is too tough,
 unless you've been there like all of us have,
 'Cause people just don't know,'bout the gray hair ya' grow,
 and yer' poor bleedin' ulcers that've turned into scabs...

Happy Holidays

--
Karen Tellefsen