From:
[log in to unmask] (Thole, Lothar)
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 16:34 WAT
We have had some Cmos electronic assemblies delivered to us from a
sub-contractor that were packed in ordinary brown recycled cardboard
inners with no antistatic bag protection. The cardboard inners were in
contact with parts of the circuit. They were delivered by road over long
distance, about 2000 miles. The boards were packed in an antistatic
environment, so the only risk is of static damage due to movement in the
packaging while in transit.

We would like some opinions on the level of certainty with which any
static damage would be detected by our normal ICT and temperature cycled
soak testing procedures. We are concerned that some devices may have been
degraded without failing totally, causing reliability problems in the
field. Is there any data available which would give us either the
certainty to scrap the boards, or embark on a testing program which would
give us assurance that the boards are not likely to fail after passing
these tests.