Date:
Fri, 08 Dec 95 11:46:10 PST

     IPC-SM-840 Rev C (that has just been published) has some additional
     suggestions and pros/cons regarding plugging vias.  Although I do not
     agree with all of the conclusions states but it might give you some
     additional information.

     P.S.  You can pick up a copy of this new spec. at your local IPC
     store.