From:
"Trevor Galbraith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 14:12:14 +0000
Mohit,

We have a 'Process Monitoring & Yield Improvement' kit that can be
integrated into SPC systems. The kit comprises a set of spreadsheets
measuring the different stages of the assembly process, a defect
guide and full instructions on how to use the kit. There is also an
optional diskette containing the spreadsheets on Lotus 123 and an
instructional video.

We also have a book publication entitled 'Manufacturing Techniques
for Surface Mounted Assemblies'  which has a large section devoted to
SPC.

If you are interested further information on either of these
publications, please send me your full address and fax number.

Regards,

Trevor Galbraith

> Date:          Thu, 22 Aug 96 10:06:02 PST
> From:          "MohitGujral" <[log in to unmask]>
> To:            [log in to unmask]
> Subject:       SPC Procedures

> I am in the process of upgrading SPC techniques to our facility. Was
> wondering if anyone would have any ideas on how to improve, measure
> and implement SPC techniques to the placement and  reflow processes.
>
> I did a lot of study on the printing process and I think with proper
> measurements of solder paste volume and stencil openings - problems
> like insufficient and bridging can be solved.
> Your ideas, comments, advise on placement and reflow processes would
> be much appreciated.
>
> Thank-you
>

> Mohit Gujral
> QA Engineer