TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Becerra Alejandro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:53:57 -0500
Hello to All,

We have a circuit that requires solder under it because in order to have a
good thermal dissipation.
The circuit is a QFP48. When assembled in the line, the stencil has
apertures in the body of the component in order to apply solder.
We have tried to manually apply the solder with an iron tip, but after
cross-sectioning the repair component we have found that
sometimes the solder is not in contact with the component.
What could be the appropriate procedure to repair this component?

Regards,

Alejandro Becerra