TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
"Wenger, George M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:12:20 -0500
Pete,
 Do you have analysis that shows the separation you are experiencing is
an adhesion of the electroless nickel to the electoplated copper?  I'm
assuming you are seeing some separation of a part soldered to a ENIG
board (Cu/ENi/IAu).  If you are seeing a "clean - flat" separation I'd
look to see if it is a brittle fracture beween an IMC and the ENi.

Regards,
George

George M. Wenger (908)-546-4531 [log in to unmask]
Distinguished Member Technical Staff
Celiant Corporation, FMA Lab, 40 Technology Drive, NJ 07059