From:
"Randy Johnson (Loveland)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 16:46:00 -0600
We use Axarel and have seen problems when it gets into cavities and
doesn't get adequately rinsed and dried.  Potentiometers and switches
are particularly problematic.   I don't know all your applications but
failures could be induced by the conductivity of the solution as well as
chemical attack..  Label adhesives are attacked quite effectively by
Axarel as is the adhesive used on mylar insulating tape.  I am
particularly curious about the effect on dielectric strength on magnet
wire insulation since transformers carry a strong Axarel odor long after
they are cleaned and dried.   I just haven't gotten around to testing
for an effect yet.  Ionic contamination from this remaining Axarel has
not been a problem but we have not done SIR testing for organics.  I
would suggest a latex masking plug over the hole in the oscillator case.
  As a side note, I have tested for cleaning solution absorbtion by AlO2
electrolytic capactors through plain and epoxy end seals by means of
weight measurements and have found nothing to indicate that anything
leaks in.