From:
[log in to unmask] (Dan Delargy)
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:13:30 -0600
Ronald,

Regarding the validation of test equipment per ISO standards - All that is
required is that you show somewhere that you have determined the required
capabilities of the equipment with regard to "contractual requirements".

We simply list in our test procedure under equipment required "test
equipment capable of testing at 200 volts VDC with a threshold of 10K to 10
Megohms which can perform 100% isolation and continuity comparison to an
established program".  I find that this satisfies all of our contractual
requirements.

Most test equipment manufacturers provide a calibration procedure in the
operating manual.  I have simply added the testers to the annual
calibration by an outside source.  Most outside calibration houses can
follow the procedure.

I have found that the above approach has satisfied all audits I have been
involved in.  I should note that I am a certified provisional Auditor for
ISO standards through IRCA.

Should you have any questions, please call me at 918-835-4417.

Regards,

Ed Cosper - Director, Quality Assurance and Engineering

Graphic Electronics Inc.
1143 S. 71st E. Ave.
Tulsa, Ok 74112

www.geicircuits.com