TECHNET Archives

February 2003

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:00:49 -0500
John,

Wow, That seems an excessive amount of work for a heat sink finish.  What is driving you to go to this level of finish?

We have upped or tightened our heat sink surface specs at quite a significant cost and I can't say that it has made a significant improvements in performance for the cost.  I believe that the biggest offender for us has been contaminates (dirt, metal chips) under the Isostrate thermal transfer material that has caused a punch through during a Hi-pot test.

Phil Nutting