TECHNET Archives

June 2001

Condense Mail Headers

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:43:02 -0400
if your contract do not have agreement on quality regarding the
assembly, tough luck...steve..  Normally, after the qualification of the
vendor PWB, you can sign up special clause with add on price (usually
5-10%) for quality assurance.  If anything related to the board level
failure, you will charge full assembly cost to the PWB vendor (as long
as the preliminary FA indicated the PWB failure is the cause) plus the
down time if it has any (if the replace board is not in on-time...you
usually has minimum two date code lots in production...we are talking
about large volume here)....If you are high mix low volume...tough
luck... Normally, who ever sign up such contract, don't have quality
problem...the one refuse to sign up, you don't need them ..(if you are
large volume big guy with clots)...The key is to keep the production
going, before solve the who at fault...(the 5-10% add on cost is almost
like insurance policy).
                                                              jk